Hi All,

Occupy Long Beach is growing.  People calling,
showing up, emailing "when is next meeting?/what
can I do to help?"/ "I'm behind you."

We did have one speaker on open mike at the City
Council tonight.  Tammara Phillips' personal
story of loss because of this horrible economic
downturn was heart wrenching. This brought her to
this movement.  She relayed to the Council that
Occupy LB regards itself as "the 99
percenters,"  that is we represent the dispair
and frustration of the 99 percent in our country
who are powerless and fed up.  She relayed our
request that the Council help us. We will be posting her speech.

Try to watch the televised Council
session.  Council members Schipske and Garcia and
Vice Mayor Lowenthal and Mayor Foster spoke.

Tomorrow we are back to Bluff Park. Join us.

10/4/11  PLEASE DISTRIBUTE IMMEDIATELY AND WIDELY

DAY 2 REPORT OCCUPY LONG BEACH
SCHEDULE TUES-FRI

TUES 5:00 p.m.  LB City Hall, City Council Chambers:
       Please Support O-LB speakers to City Council
       General Assembly after in  Plaza outside City Hall

WED-FRI:  6 p.m. Bluff Park (Junipero & Ocean)
ocean sideĀ—one block e of Cherry.
          General Assemblies & Committee Work.

BRING to Park: chair if you need one or 2 to
share, water, art supplies & cardboard,
flashlights or portable light source, table if you can and warm sweater/coat.

MOST OF ALL:  BRING OTHERS.

SOCIAL MEDIA   Read/Comment about OCCUPY LONG BEACH at:

Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Long-Beach/281643208530333\>https://www.facebook.com/pages/Occupy-Long-Beach/281643208530333\

<http://occupytogether.org>occupytogether.org
(the global hub Occupy site:  Long Beach page:
<http://www.occupytogether.org/events/west/california/occupy-long-beach/#comment-3194>http://www.occupytogether.org/events/west/california/occupy-long-beach/#comment-3194

Twitter:
<https://twitter.com/#!/OccupyLongBeach>https://twitter.com/#!/OccupyLongBeach

We have been learning to work together and
concentrating on developing principles of unity,
demands and actions as well as committee
building. There will be daily general assemblies.

If you want to be on our email list, send your
email to:
<mailto:sharoncotr...@gmail.com>sharoncotr...@gmail.com.
You can call:  562-433-7025.

OTHER

PARKING Bluff PARK is sometimes tough down
there.  Unmetered parking on Ocean, Cherry,
Junipero, Broadway and 1st & 2nd Streets in the
Park blocks. Passport Bus runs on Ocean & stops
at Cherry and Ocean. Several buses run on Broadway. Suggest carpooling.

LB City Hall is 333 W. Ocean Blvd: Access it from
Broadway & Cedar (one block W of Pacific).  Go W
on 3rd St. (one way st) Left on Cedar and into
City Hall Parking Structure.  They have raised
the prices considerably.  Consider buses and car
pooling. There is sometimes metered parking on
Cedar and 3rd and Broadway, 2 hour only and they
check meters until 9 p.m. now.

John Johnson
Change-Links Progressive Newspaper
change-li...@change-links.org