Please forward widely.

Mondelēz must rectify human rights abuses in Egypt and Tunisia now!
 Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.

   IUF Urgent Action
For all the latest news, make sure to visit the IUF website - www.iuf.org
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Apologies if you already received this mailing. A technical problem with our
mail server interrupted our previous mailing. If you already responded, we
thank you for your support. If not, please send a message to Mondelez!

Click here to send a message to Mondelez

Ahmad Abdulghani Awad Abdulghani, 26 years old, worked at Cadbury Egypt, now a
wholly-owned subsidiary of Mondelez, from 2008 to December 2011. He never had a
permanent job, but was part of the army of precarious workers making chewing
gum at the Alexandria factory. He lost half his thumb while operating a machine
which should normally be run by three persons. Then he lost his job.

This is the same factory management that sacked 5 union leaders in June 2012
following a spontaneous protest over the company's refusal to pay a
government-mandated private-sector pay rise.

This is the same company whose management in Tunisia has dismissed and
suspended union leaders and denies responsibility for these abuses.
This is the company whose corporate management refuses to respond to
communications to the IUF, the international union that represents these
workers.

The IUF has therefore filed a formal complaint for violations of international
human rights standards with the relevant US government agency - and has
launched a GLOBAL CAMPAIGN in defense of its members at Mondelez in Egypt and
Tunisia.

To learn about the campaign go to
http://iuf.us6.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=e788a43ccacc225abf8e6e748&id=775eaa70bd&e=2d1677c4a8
 – there you can learn more and download campaign materials for distribution to
union members at Mondelez.

Click here to send a message to Mondelez - tell them to make time to rectify
human rights abuses and to meet with the IUF NOW!

IUF-UITA-IUL · Rampe du Pont-Rouge 8 · Geneva 1213