"That until the philosophy which holds one race superior and another
inferior is finally and permanently discredited and abandoned; th!  at
until there is no longer any first-class and second-class citizens of any
nation; that until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes; that until the basic human rights are equally
guaranteed to all, without regard to race -- until that day, the dreams of
lasting peace and world citizenship and the rule of international morality
will remain but a fleeting illusion, to be pursued but never attained":
Speech by - H.I.M. HAILE SELASSIE I - California 28th February 1968

"In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be
afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they do not have a
real enemy, they will invent one in order to mobilize us": -  Thich Nhat
Hanh, Contemporary Vietnamese

"The biggest lesson I learned from Vietnam is not to trust [our own]
government statements. I had no idea until then that you could not rely on
[them]": - James W. Fulbright: US senator who initiated the international
exchange program for scholars, 1905-1995

"The victor will never be asked if he told the truth": - Adolf Hitler