---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bilal Ali <mafundi...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Subject: [May 19th Movement] Rally at Corcoran State Prison on July 13th!
To: May 19th Movement <may19thmovem...@lists.riseup.net>

In 2011, over 12,000 prisoners and their family and community members
participated in statewide hunger strikes protesting the inhumane conditions
in California's Security Housing Units (SHU or solitary confinement).
California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation promised meaningful
reform as a result of those protests, but nothing meaningful has reached
the people living in these cages. Prisoners have announced another hunger
strike will begin July 8th because of CDCR's failure to fulfill that
promise.

On July 8, prisoners living in the SHUs at Pelican Bay and other prisons
will resume their hunger strike and work stoppages if decisive action is
not taken by the State before then.

On July 13, we will mobilize from around California to Corcoran State
Prison—which isolates over 1,600 people in solitary confinement—to stand in
solidarity with striking prisoners across the state. We must take this
movement to the prison gates and show the Governor and the Department of
Corrections that we support the prisoners and demand that the Governor meet
with prisoner representatives immediately to negotiate their demands!

California currently holds nearly 12,000 people in extreme isolation. The
state spends over $60 million per year on maintaining prisoners in
isolation.

Demand the State of California stop the torture!

Show your support for the hunger strikers!

Organize to help win their demands!

Rally at Corcoran State Prison on July 13th!

The Community Coalition for Self-Defense is organizing a contingent from
L.A.

--
JAI
RAC-LA