> I was standing outside my daughter's home on Saturday when
one of these cretons drove down her street...  the noise
made my teeth chatter!  I was suddenly hit with the
realization that as a child he must have been neglected and
nobody ever takes notice of him now either - unless he's
being obnoxious.  What a sad life!
Clay

Yes and no - along with the barking of dogs
(owners at work all day) there has been an
increasing number of yahoos-with-amplifiers-
turned-up driving around during 'office hours'
in many neighborhoods of Seattle, and these
are signs of increasing gang activity -
attempts to frighten, which 'work' when the
unsuspecting 'victims' attempt to 'have
something done about it' by calling the police.
And being identified. To the aggressors. Can
one prove the following burglaries/graffiti/
vandalism arose from the calls ? Not too
easily, especially if one considers that this
is simply an escalation and one's personal
safety may be at stake . . .

There is also on record the ownership of pit
bulls and other 'trained' dogs being used to
'defend' gang 'turf', although 'nothing is being
done - legally - that I have read about. Yet.
I'm hoping there will be . . .

The 'land of the free', like 'the old grey mule',
"ain't what she used to be" . . .

Toni in Seattle

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]