> On Monday, Jul 14, 2003, at 17:59 US/Eastern, Webwalker (Susan) wrote:
> > What I am hoping is that some of you might list a few books that you
> > have read over the years that stick out in your minds as having been
> > worthwhile.

I have just read 4 books by Elizabeth Lowell;  Amber Beach, Jade Island,
Pearl Cove, & Midnight in Ruby Bayou.  They are modern Romantic Mysteries
centered in the Seattle/Pacific NW (the author lives her) and each book's
main character is a member of a dynamic family that lives in Seattle and
deals in international trade and gem stones.  The author has done a lot of
research I think as the facts of the gems and area are quite detailed and
correct.

I would highly recommend them if you like that type of story, I could hardly
put them down and in fact read until 3:00 AM on one occasion.

Lorri
Graham, WA
in the foothills of MT. Rainier
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED]