muggumquomp war leader
Date: 1884
1 : a bolter from the Republican party in 1884
2 : an independent in politics

I don't know who "Naticks" (in "my" definition) are/were (though assume an Indian tribe) but this doesn't even point to *The South* at all... Curioser and curioser... :)

So, now, we *both* are keen to know...

1) Are you familiar with the word (and how/from whom did you learn it)?
2) What does it mean to *you*?
3) Where are you in the US (or, where did your source come from)?