(snip)
> I agree with my father, who used to lay track back in the days of thirty
men to a sixty foot length - the problems are caused by the "continuous
weld" type of track used, which has none of the expansion joints of the
old type.  Consequently, you get hot weather, and the track buckles;
other stresses cause cracks and hence the derailments of the last few
years.  Not that there were no accidents before, but some things ask for
trouble.
> Jane Partridge

Right on ! some things are better
left unimproved - "if it ain't broke,
don't fix it" comes to mind . . .

Toni in Seattle

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]