Our railway system is never short of an excuse as to why services are
disrupted. The usual excuses are leaves on the line in autumn, the wrong
kind of snow in winter, landslides, and flooding. Yesterday trains were
restricted to 60 mph instead of their usual 120 mph because of the
exceptionally hot weather making it possible that the railway lines will
buckle. They're likely to be restricted for the next few days.

We're having almost record temperatures - it's in the low 30's centigrade -
and it might even break the all time record of 1990 (when the temperatiure
reached 37.1 C/99 F) tomorrow or Thursday by hitting 37.7 degree C (100
degrees F).

Because of the great variations in our weather, the railways can't lay lines
to cater for the whole spectrum.

I'm surprised that we haven't had heath fires around Poole yet. With this
weather and the children on holiday from school, that's usually the recipe
for arson on the heaths.

Jean in Poole
unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]