Gentle Spiders,

I have returned (and mostly recovered) from my grand England trip.  In the
interest of conserving bandwidth, I'll give a very brief overview now, and
anyone interested in an in-depth blow-by-blow can email me, and I'll send it
out to them when I get finished (or at least started) on writing it.

With the exception of going light on paintings, I saw, at least briefly,
nearly all the recommended sights, including most of 4 days spent at the
Victoria and Albert.  There was an awful lot of lace in there, and not just
in the textile rooms (I took extensive photographs of most of it, though
they're currently a little dark since I had to do without the flash -- all
will be corrected digitally, eventually).  I saw the Tower, Parliament,
Kensington Palace, Tower Bridge, Buckingham Palace, the Fan Museum, the
Elizabeth I exhibit, the British Museum (with *the* Rosetta Stone!), the
British Library (the Magna Carta, Gutenberg Bible, Lindisfarne Gospels and
many other written treasures), the Costume Museum, Abbey and Roman Spa at
Bath and a bunch of other stuff I'm blanking on at the moment, which is why
I wrote down notes, every day.

I want to thank everyone who sent me advice, reassurance, and offered help
for my trip.  My trip wouldn't have been as smooth or as great without
everything y'all did for me.  I am ever so grateful.

And one last great thing -- since I've been home we've run CATscans and I've
just been told that there is no sign of cancer on them!  (Pam does the happy
dance)  I get to stay completely away from doctors until my next set of
scans, in 3 months!

Pam Dotson

unsubscribe lace-chat [EMAIL PROTECTED] For help, write to [EMAIL PROTECTED]