At 08:36 AM 11/1/2003 -0000, you wrote:
>Fireworks are on sale to the public two weeks before 5th November (Guy
>Fawkes Night) and two weeks before New Year's Eve.

Around here, the public has fireworks usually on July 4th (Independence Day).
A few people set off some during the week before or after, but not many.
However, I might note that in my state the available types of fireworks
are very restricted.  The safety laws are very strict.  Some people illegally
cross the state line and buy in the next state that does not have the safety
laws.  They'll bring the nonapproved fireworks back and hope that they don't
get caught with them.

Special public displays can be found through the year connected to special
events.  A local rodeo sets off fireworks each night at the end of
performances
during the week or two of the event.  Big cities have New Year's displays.

Happy lacing,

Alice in Oregon - Cold, freezing weather has come.  Summer is gone.
Oregon Country Lacemakers
Arachne Secret Pal Administrator
Mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]