Ruth wrote:
an Australian expert on the radio here is adamant that what you've
got over there are not wallabies, but kangaroos!

Well, Ruth, he may be an expert, but I'll bet he hasn't seen them!  The ones
near here escaped from the wallaby enclosure at Whipsnade (the country
spread run by London Zoo).  I think they probably knew what they had, and
what had gone native!  And the ones I met running loose among the public at
the zoo (the animals were running loose, not me <G>) looked a lot like
wallabies to me and yes, I have met both.  (And stroked a small kangaroo,
but that's another story.)

BFN,
Margery.