Alas, the concept does exist. Try: too waxy, off-flavor, stale....
On the other hand, TOO CHOCOLATEY is incomprehensible...

Bad chocolate

 I think no one has discovered this before now because no one ever thought to
 put those two words together!

Someone asked me the other day if a dessert was "too chocolatey"?! I said I didn't understand that concept!
Sue