On Saturday, Dec 13, 2003, at 16:09 US/Eastern, Martha Krieg wrote:

Alas, the concept does exist. Try: too waxy, off-flavor, stale....
On the other hand, TOO CHOCOLATEY is incomprehensible...

I wonder if I could possibly be the only one here for whom "too chocolatey" is a perfectly comprehensible description... :) To me, chocolate is OK, but only when mixed with other flavours; can't abide chocolate cake with chocolate icing.

Every Halloween, I have a few of the miniature Milky Ways left over, and over the next month or so, eat them up. That's my chocolate fix for six months. In the spring, I buy myself a 1.2-1 lb bag of dark chocolate-covered apricots and dark chocolate-covered citrus peel and I'm "done" till Halloween. At that, I eat more chocolate now than I did as a child; then, I liked only hard candy (fruit flavoured) and, every once in a while, caramels. The only chocolate I'd eat with pleasure were the cherries, covered with chocolate (again, dark, semi-sweet. Can't stand milk chocolate) and filled with cherry liqueur. But, as those were extremely hard to find in Poland of my childhood, I don't think I had more that total of 10 until I came here at 23. And, since then, about 4-5 a year is my limit....
-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia, USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland