On Jan 18, 2004, at 23:02, Martha Krieg wrote:

OK, Y'all, remember that joke that Tamara sent around a while ago about the replies to the British form for single mothers asking for the name of the father?

Well, my husband received it from another source, and he's wondering what a "squaddie" is.

I still had the mailing in my sent box. The entire quote was:

7. I do not know who the father of my child was as all squaddies look
the same to me. I can confirm that he was a Royal Green Jacket.

"Royal Green Jacket" sounds like a part of the army (like Red/Green Berets, etc), so my guess would be that a "squaddie" would be a member of a squadron? See one uniform, you've seen them all? All Green Jackets (or Berets <g>) look the same in the dark?

-----
Tamara P Duvall
Lexington, Virginia,  USA
Formerly of Warsaw, Poland