> Maple syrup must be boiled to precisely eleven pounds to the gallon.  If
any
> heavier, it will crystallize.  If any lighter, it will mold.

Interesting. The Canadian maple syrup we could buy in the UK was always
thicker than that which I can get here in Chicago. The ingredients in both
cases were pure maple syrup - I like it best unadulterated. I keep trying
different makes (all of Canadian origin) in search of the denser syrup I
crave !
Sue Babbs