Jean Nathan wrote:  I just bought a packet of limescale remover
wipes for my bathroom and
kitchen sinks - if the water in Poole was any harder, it wouldn't
come out
of the taps. I found they don't actually work, so it's back to
the liquid
stuff.

Jean, don't spend money on limescale remover - use vinegar.  I
use it to descale my kettle ( fill with half-and-half vinegar and
water, boil the kettle and leave to stand for a bit; rinse twice
before making tea), and to clean shower heads and taps.  In
awkward little places, soak a dishcloth in vinegar and wrap it
around the place.  It's cheap, non-toxic and effective.  Any kind
of vinegar will work so buy the cheapest.

BFN,
Margery.