Hi All,

I have recently put a bid in to eBay, and watched the outcome with interest,
as it was the first time I had ever bid in an internet auction.   I was
absolutely amazed that the Newnham (Newnham-style?) bobbin winder went for
£1.00 more than it would have cost to buy new, and that was without the
£2.00 x odd charged for postage and package.   Is this a common phenomen,
and does it usually happen that things end up more on eBay than they would
be from a supplier - if so, I shall definitely put some of my too-huge
collection of domed pillows up for sale!    (I used to teach in schools, as
well as my on-going adult and children's private classes, so over the years
amassed about a dozen mushroom pillows, all with very little use, as the
students, be they children or adults, purchased their own as soon as they
were hooked on lace.  I don't think, even in my wildest dreams, I would have
twelve new students start all at once.)

Carol - in a blustery and unsettled Suffolk UK.

-----
Subject: [lace] Bookmark for sale on ebay