Hi everyone

I thought I'd pipe up about bidding on something higher than retail - if
one isn't inclined to bidding wars - and if the item is v. desirable, and
if the postage to get it isn't prohibitive, and - particularly - if the
item can be had from a seller living locally to the bidder - then it can
be more cost-effective to bid highest, and above retail, if total costs
are less than paying retail + extra shipping and handling.
If you follow my drift ;)

I have bid on and won the right to purchase several things based on this
factor, have perhaps paid more than I could have otherwise, but I had the
items in hand, and got to meet the seller, and didn't have to pay out for
postage and packing.  This is one reason why someone might be willing to
bid higher than retail, though of course it wouldn't be everyone's reason.

--
bye for now
Bev in Sooke, BC (west coast of Canada)