Greetings,

I just had two lace presentations. Last week it was a program for a Kiwanis club. I guessed that no one in the group really knew anything about lace. The program chairman was just eager to get 'anyone' to be a speaker.

The talk featured the history of lace, and the lace industry about 300 years ago.
I was guessing that these business people would relate to that part of lace. I received several pleased comments afterwards.

Today I spoke to a church women's group. For this talk, I featured the styles of lace with the changing fashions over the years. Also -- the threads then and now. These were all retired ladies, but they were a very attentive audience.

At each talk, I had a display of the lace I've made, and a table of antique laces of different styles. A couple small, old pieces of lace were basted to a colored fabric for easier handling, and passed around with magnifying glasses so they could see the find threads, and fine needlelace stitches. Samples of different threads were attached at the top of one fabric.

Now I have the job of putting all those pieces of lace away. Sigh......... Why does it always take longer to put in away than to take it out????????

Alice in Oregon