At 07:40 PM 4/4/04 +0100, Steph Peters wrote:

>Your experiment was done in UK in the early 70's.  It was horrible.

But it wasn't a trial of standard time year round,
it was a trial of putting people on schedules inappropriate
to their latitude.

Me, I'd like to see everybody go on Greenwich time and quit fooling around
with the clocks.  Or, at least, fiddle with their own clocks and quit
messing with mine.

Back when I lived in a Devil-Satan Time state, there was an orchard near me
that closed just when it got cool enough to go out on my bike.  When we got
the fall jumpback that year, I thought I'd be compensated for my jet lag by
being able to buy apples -- but when I turned up at the orchard store that
evening, the closing sign had been changed to read one hour earlier.  The
orchard was keeping to its schedule without regard to the vagaries of the
legislature.

--
Joy Beeson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]