Also,  I don't know about other countries but in this country to fly the
Union Jack or just the England flag we have to have local planning
permission.  the only time this rule was relaxed was during the Queens
jubilee when so many people were flying the Union Jack it would have been
impossible to "police", so the authorities turned a blind eye!!!

Jane Bawn
Portchester UK