> the rationale behind petrol taxes is they will force us onto public
> transport but efficient, clean and safe transport systems are not in place.

Same here.  I miss Polish busses and trains *so much*!!  The bus stops
not only tell you which buses stop there and when, they even tell you
the whole route of each of those busses, and many even have a map with
all bus routes in the city marked on it!  Here bus stops tell you
*nothing* and are really hard to see besides.  It took me 5 hours to get
from downtown LA to Pasadena once!

Weronika