>  Tamara, obviously, you don't have many mosquitoes or flies in your part
>  of the country!! You can't put mosquito screens up with swivel windows. I
> know the ones you mean, my parents have them in Provence, and I love
>  them, but if I had them in Melbourne, we'd be invaded by flies during the
> day, and mosquitoes after sunset!!

I'm not sure how Tamara's swivel windows work, but the ones we have at
home in Poland can open normally (i.e. like doors), and if you twist the
handle up they'll open at the top and stay attached at the bottom, but
only open a little, so you can leave them like that to get some air but
not be cold.  Since all of the opening happens in one direction,
mosquito screens should work with those.
I have no problem with mosquito screens as such, I just wish they opened
or had an easy way to take them out and put them back in (I took the
ones in my apartment out once and now I can't fit them back in!)

Weronika