How many have tried keeping basil plants around to keep out the flies?
It really does work, I noticed the effect when I had a pot of basil (the
herb) in my kitchen window.  Then later read it in a gardening news column.
That reminds me I need to go to the garden store and get a pot for this
year, well maybe several pots as we have a new covered patio to use this
summer.
Are there any other plants that have this effect?

Lorri
Graham, WA USA
in the foothills of MT. Rainier