Yvonne writes:
> I heard that if you hold your breath when a mozzie lands on you it can't fly
> away and then it is really easy to swat it. Apparently something to do with
> your pores closing when you breathe in. I thought it was a myth but I tried
> it and it works.

I think it's got something to do with raising your blood pressure by holding
your breath?

Noelene in Cooma
Who can verify that yes, it does work!
And who is wondering just how, after fighting mosquitoes, flies,
cockroaches, etc. for all my life in either Sydney or in the tropics
(where I had cockroaches eat the label off a bottle left between a
cupboard and a refrigerator that I forgot about), that I've been
lucky enough to spend my retirement in a house that is so well
built that it has NO binnitangs (anything smaller than a mouse that
moves in Pidgin English) whatsoever!
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/