Weronika,

>> I'm sure there a lot of things that they haven't thought of.
>
>Of course.  The fun of traveling.  <g>

Like Jean, I don't like the sound of what your friends are proposing at
all. In Southampton the drop outs and homeless get moved on all the time.
In London it will be worse. Believe me, the streets are not nice places to
be and the parks are out of bounds.

Please recommend to your friends that they contact the YHA (Youth Hostel
Association). This is a UK charity that provides excellent quality hostel
accommodation at very reasonable prices, e.g. 14gbp to join, nightly rates
vary according to hostel and room. They have two large hostels in London
and one in most of the major UK cities. The large hostels are fully
equipped for disabled people (they might have problems with some of the
more remote ones but I assume they're not planning to go anywhere like
Blacksail!). The YHA also has reciprocal arrangements with all the other
national youth hostel associations.

As well as providing safe, secure accommodation, the hostels are wonderful
places to meet interesting, like-minded people, hear all the news and
ideas, find out about places to go & etc. I've used them all round the
world, not because I couldn't afford something more expensive but as a lone
female they're great places to be.

They have a web-site http://www.yha.org.uk/

Jane

Ms Jane Read
Southampton Oceanography Centre, Empress Dock, Southampton, SO14 3ZH, U.K.
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  tel: 02380-596432