I have to say, I'm another who loves hearing about the weather in other
places.

Where I live in Michigan, we had a very wet spring, and the Grand River
near where my parents and brother live reached its highest level since the
1960's.  Lake Michigan recovered several inches of depth --we've been
having low water levels, and some people who bought waterfront property on
rivers that feed the lake found themselves looking out at mud flats these
last 5 years or so.  I forget how many millions or billions of gallons they
said it took to add an inch to the level of Lake Michigan.

This affects Lake Michigan shipping, and the ore and cargo freighters have
been loaded less heavily to avoid scraping bottom in the harbors and
channels.  Lots of money has been spent on dredging the channels deeper.

Last year we were adding on to our house (a geodesic dome-room with a
little bunker basement), and it seemed like every time the contractor put
his hand on the back hoe, it began to rain!

Today it's an overcast and steamy day, but we are still going to the beach
for our son's 5th birthday.

Lynn Carpenter in SW Michigan, USA
alwen at i2k dot com