Jean said:
>...When I said I can't eat anything with four legs, someone said "What
>about kangaroo meat? They've got two legs and two hands so you should be
>OK with that." This person said I should say that I can only eat "fish
>and fin".
>I know that biologically kangaroos are four-legged creatures, but what's
>the meat like? We can get it here, and I assume it's red meat.

Hi, jean,

I buy kangaroo meat whenever I find any on sale (it costs twice the price
of T-bone steak!!), because it is a very lean meat, without invisible fat
like beef or pork. It tends to be a bit tough if you don't cook it
properly. They usually tell you to marinate it for the night in oil or
various marinades which we can send you recipes for if you're interested.
When cooking it, you must either cook it very little, or very long, like a
stew.
However, it IS red meat, so I'm not sure whether you could eat it. Depends
of why you are allergic to red meat, I guess. If it is a question of its
composition, I would assume that you might have the same problems with it
than with beef or pork.
Maybe you should google for the CSIRO site (our science and technology
Institute) and ask them! If someone knows, it would be them, they are
wonderful for answering problems.
Good luck

Helene, the froggy from Melbourne. Juast bought myself a pari of frog
earrings with movable legs! Adorable.

http://au.movies.yahoo.com