In addition to what I posted yesterday, I contacted Sue directly about Tens
machines. I've also been thinking overnight about what else I do. I've been
doing them for so long that they've become normal.

I have ethafoam tubing over the handles of cutlery - it can be bought in
lengths for cutting, with different sized holes through the middle. I
haven't found proper cutlery which is more comfortable. Means that the thumb
isn't gripping so tightly or bent so far round the handle.

Loops on electric plugs. They fit around the plug so that you can just loop
fingers in and pull.

Lever taps. All my taps (fawcets) are the lever type - not as long a lever
as in hospitals. You can aso buy plastic handles to fit over the
star-handled type turning taps to turn them into lever taps.

A plastic tilting stand for my electric kettle so I don't have to lift the
kettle.

Tea made in the cup instead of the pot.

A  folding gripper for picking things up - useful for taking to the
supermarket when they stack things too high on the shelves.

A baby boa for opening jars - I find it much better than anything sold
secifically for the purpose.

A ring-pull puller

A right-angled handled carving knife

Electric scissors

Foam grips around pens and pencils

I also read newspapers and magazines flat on the table, and frequently put a
book on a sloping stand so I don't hold it - music stands can often be
bought quite cheaply.

Found a list of web site with disabled aids:

http://www.come-shopping.co.uk/directory_pages/disability_and_living_aids/2_
disabled_living_aids.htm

and looked at one which has a good (if expensive) range of products.

http://www.equalfuture.co.uk/ecommerce/EqualFuture

Jean in Poole