Hello to everybody
I have with great interest been reading the thread about Arthritis in thumbs.
I have Arthrosis in most of my joints - and am regularely tested for
Arthritis.
Therefore I too have lots of problems doing things with my hands and sitting
because of my back....
I have found out that testing, finding out what way is the best way to do the
things. I have found out that my leg-joints are feeling much more comfortable
if I am going down the stairs backwards - as the children do, and therefore I
do that.....
I have bought crochet hooks with a handle - to be able to handle this, I have
put some foam-tubes on this handle, and then I can use the hooks again. The
very thin one I need to make thicker with some "tape or something like that"
before I put the foam-tube on it.
I have problems if I am using usuall bobbins and pillows - and therefore I
have tried other methods for lacing. I have found out that the bolsterpillow,
with the technique, where you hold your hands the other way, is much better.
So indeed it is possible to make lace at least some more time....Ok I cannot
make the very fine lace anymore, but better this way, than no lace. As I have
found out that I will not be able to make so much lace anymore - I have tried
to find other things about lace that are interesting..... And the fact that I
can do something that has something to do with lace - reading about
techniques, have started to do a little wookturning - so I now know how
difficulty it is to make those bobbins ;-) - it is all about testing, and then
take it the way you think is interesting........ Not just let it be, because
you cannot do it the way you used to do.......
This is just my 2 cent about this subject - and I will go on reading more
about the subject if others have some other good advice.
Have a nice and lacy day - here it is raining and rather grey weather
(Denmark)
arne