Hi Judy,

This works in the same way that clicking on the tool bar and then on the
address bar works: it works for one "screen worth" -- goes back to no
address box as soon as I close IE, or as soon as I go to another web
site/page.

Just to clarify: There is a space that says "Address", but there is no
text box associated with it.  The space after "Address" is a uniform
grey.

Thanks for your help,
Carolyn

Carolyn Hastings