Jane wrote:

<Maybe I should start thinking about how thrilling it is that the Boston Red
Sox won the World Series last night!!!!!  That's Boston,
Massachusetts, USA (two hour drive from my house) and the
US/Canada "World" Series of baseball for those of you living
elsewhere. >

I was told that "World Series" doesn't actually mean what it appears to, ie
not like the World Cup in soccer which involves lots of countries all over
the planet Earth, suggesting that the US thinks that anything that goes on
outside the US isn't relevant to them and that they ARE the world. I was
told that it used to be sponsored by a newspaper called "The World", that
it's no longer in existence, but that the name is still used.

Is this correct?

I'll wait till June for the new Monica Ferris.

Jean in Poole