Tamara,

While I don't know the answers to your questions about Christmas trees
coming to the Americas, I do know (being Canadian through and through) that
we celebrated Thanksgiving more than a _month_ before you.   This year it
was on October 11th.  We've been waiting patiently for you to catch up so
that we can get going on the next set of festivities.  :)

Heather
Abbotsford, with the type of rain that you can't really see but it gets you
very wet.