In a message dated 27/11/2004 15:47:50 GMT Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

> Noelene writes:
> (Do American waiters really say "Enjoy" as they
> place your food before you?)
> I have!
>
> Margaret in PA, who is glad she no longer waits tables...

We thought as it was the Aussie's first Xmas here we would go to a particular
large London Store to buy some Xmas decorations.  We bought some and decided
to have lunch in one of their restaurants - talk about customer service - or
rather lack of it - the guy who served us would rather have been anywhere but
working there and certainly not serving us with our lunch.  He started a punch
up over what we ordered because we simply didn't understand he mumbled
comments about the food and when asked to repeat what he said with a pleasant
'sorry,
could you repeat that' he huffed and puffed and mumbled again.  Food was
basically frisbeed at us across the restaurant and when we came to pay he
wandered
off with the money and didn't return - no way was he getting a 15 pound tip
off me - we asked for the change and he actually stuck his bottom lip out.

Had we not had to rush back for the rugby (don't ask) and I had not been so
speechless about the attitude I'd have called him out.

If only we'd have had an 'enjoy' ....

Regards

Liz in London

I'm back blogging my latest lace piece - have a look by clicking on the link
or going to http://journals.aol.com/thelacebee/thelacebee