You're right there, Maxine, Chinese Gooseberries did come from
China.   I've got several growing in a shade house in my back yard
(trees ? vines? - thickish trunk, but more like a vine) but I don't get
decent tasting fruit from them, although they do fruit quite well.
Might need a good batch of fertlizer - local friend has promised
me some bags of sheep poo, says it will do my rhubarb plants good,
so will spread some around the Kiwi fruit too (can't come at the
new name).

Your rain?  Every night we see a short world weather forcast
on SBS which covers Australia, then New Zealand and they
just seem to always say "rain, rain rain" for both islands.

Noelene in Cooma
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~nlafferty/