Dear Secret Pal:

It was great to open your package again this month.  I just love all of your
gifts!  I'm really enjoying getting the bobbins.  Now I am starting to get a
nice collection going.  I've been using plain continental bobbins and didn't
have very many that were different.  You are giving me some great bobbins to
show off when I do demos.

I really love the perfume and that it is called Pearls and Lace.  It smells
absoilutely delicious!

I love the book on Aromatheraphy, I have a condensed version of this book by
the same author, however, this book goes into a lot more detail.  It will come
in handy with my Reiki and crystal healing.

You were asking about Wicca.  Well, a shortened version is this:  A Wiccan
believes in God and Goddess balanced with one another and all of us.  We
believe that nature and humans are one with Divinity, that we all are Divine
and as such would never harm another.  I celebrate the "Wheel of the Year", 8
sabbats and 8 moon rituals.  We celebrate life in all of its ways, death and
life.  We honor our ancestors and those who have gone before us and we honor
all animals, reptiles, birds and fish.  So that gives you a small idea of what
I believe.

Also, this came shortly after my birthday, so it was an added present.  I
celebrated my 50th birthday with a surprise party given to me by my closest
friends.  It was such a fun time.  I had black, silver and purple candles.  I
had a black cake with various funny candles on it, such as a R.I.P tombstone, a
bottle of Aspirin, a book of Bran, a cane, and a pair of false teeth.  And
since 50 only comes once in our life, I had a crown and a throne to sit on to
open my presents.  It was a hoot!

I wanted to say how special I think it is that you shared some of your mothers
things with me.  I think it is really special and I love stones ( I collect
them) so that makes the turqoius piece even nicer.  I don't spangle my bobbins,
however, I do use beads and such with some of my lace pieces, these will be
really nice.  I'll have to design a lace piece that incorporates the beads you
sent.  I'll send you a picture when I complete it.  That will be a while
though, as I am currently in the midst of making a bridal garter for a close
friend who is marrying in April.  It's a torchon piece with fans and hearts in
white with gold gimps.  I'm really liking how it is turning out. I've done
about 40 inches and I plan to make 60 inches so that it ruffles up really
nicely.

I was looking through my lace books and surprised myself on how many I have
now.  I have "Bobbin Lace Making" by Pamela Nottingham, "The Book of Bobbin
Lace Stitches" by Bridget Cook and Geraldine Stott, "Bobbin Lacemaking" by
Doris Southward, "Practical Skills in Bobbin Lace" by Bridget Cook, "The
Torchon Lace Book" by Bridget Cook, "The Bobbin Lace Manual" by Geraldine
Stott, "100 New Bobbin Lace Patterns" by Yusai Fukuyama, "Minature Bobbin Lace"
by Roz Snowden, Chrysanthemum Lace" by Catherine Belleville and "Plants and
Flowers in Lace" edited by Bridget Cook.  I love lace books, there is so much
to learn! :-)

Thank you so much,
I look forward to next month.

Rita Lloyd