. . . and Martha Krieg wrote to me:-
> Well, I have made several tea cozies - from leftover
> white/navy/bright blue FairIsle knitting, to mohair knitting, to
> calico print padded.But I'm darned if I can understand why I would
> want to enter a competition in which my tea cozy would not be
> returned so that I could use it for its proper function!

So I went back to the website and studied the 'small print', and eventually
found this:-
"The tea cosies will be displayed in the Teys Art Gallery at the acclaimed
Dogwood Crossing at Miles and will be available for sale with proceeds
supporting arts activities in the region."

The whole competition seems to be related to the play, "The World Bra
Unclipping Championships at Garimba", written by Hugh O'Brien, where a group
of people argue about the best way to put their town on the tourist map.

Noelene explained:-
http://users.netconnect.com.au/~ja_picko/AboutP.htm
> It looks like the local council in Murilla has a real sense of the
> ridiculous!"

Maybe the audience at Murilla, (Queensland), join in too ?  Maybe selling
the tea cosies for a local good cause follows the plot of the play somehow ?

(I wonder if the play would go well here . . . ?  I fear that High Wycombe
doesn't have enough sense of the ridiculous !)

Karen In Coventry, England, commented:-
> Wonder how many lace decorated tea cosies they will get!

Not many here, I'm sure, even in what feels like the British Championship
Lacemaking County.  (We are so lucky in having lots of really good suppliers
on our doorstep, and even the second-hand bookshop always has a shelf of
lacemaking books.)  However, I've just had a vision of a lace-decorated tea
cosy, looking a bit like those lacy panties that baby girls often wear for
special occasions, and imagine that it might be a way to display/do
something with all those little strips of experiments and samples and
try-outs of lace that lurk at the back of my lace box.

Linda Walton,
(in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, U.K.,
enjoying a blissful weekend *not* chasing around after in-laws . . .
Hope I haven't spoken too soon!).