On Jun 17, 2005, at 22:29, [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Devon) wrote:

For years I was counting the money spent on books in Europe in my total
until I realized that the form says that you don't have to include books, postcards or educational materials. After excluding printed material there wasn't
much left.

OTOH, you're supposed to put down gifts (and their value) you've received while abroad... How on earth am I to know how much those cost? People give me things and remove the stickers... :) So I put *everything new*(that I can remember having <g>) on the list... with the price if I know it, or estimated value (ie question mark at the end of the line), if I don't. Even if it means an extra sheet of paper... <g> And let the customs officer wade through all the c... and delete what doesn't count.

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/