Susan wrote:
>i would especially be scared after the bombings both in the u.s.a. and
london to put a name anywhere.  the way things are going we are going
to all be walking around with gas masks in our pocket books next to
pills that clean dirty water, foldable axes to cut out debree of fallen
building matter, and a cyanide pill to kill ourselves with if we are
taken captive .

Dear Susan,

please relax, I don't think anyone in the lacemaking world has got time to go
and plant bombs around, we are too busy making lace :-). YOu don't have to give
your full name on the net anyway. I often wonder why people put their full name
as their email address, unless they are trading, and want people to know who
they are. I don't think you've ever seen my full name, have you? I noticed your
email address is not revealing everything about you either, so even if you live
in a small town (and you can say instead you live "near" a well known big town,
whichever it would be) there must be quite a few susn there, no?

I would say the chance of anyone being killed in a road accident is a lot more
likely that being killed in a terrorist attack!! Many more people die every day
from being hit by a drunk driver than are killed in one go by a bomb going off
or a plane crashing because it hasn't been maintained properly. The thing is it
sounds much more horrifying, and people panic more because it's not a "common"
thing. Although after about 10 years of terrorism by the Algerians in France, I
can't remember the Parisians of panicking much, even though bombs went up
nearly evey week somewhere in the town. They were pretty blase about it after a
while, and just acted normally.
To me, all these are the same: a terrible waste of good lives of people who
never harmed anyone. It doesn't matter if it is a terrorist, a drunk driver, or
a sex killer, they are all just as bad.

Helene, the froggy from Melbourne