Dear Friends,
On my recent trip to Fiji I got some more Indian recipes from Roshlyn - the wife of my friend Pravin, with whom I stay over there. Here they are for your enjoyment,
David in Ballarat

1.
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 1 cup of mint leaves
- half cup of coriander leaves
- 2 hot chillies

- chop and grind all together
- add a squeeze of lime juice.

2.
- three-quarters cup desiccated coconut
- 2 hot chillies
- 1 teaspoon of fenugreek
- squeeze of lime juice
- pinch of salt

- chop and mix well

3. This one is a kind of Indian Yorkshire pudding :)
- soak a cup of dahl for 6 hours
- make 1 cup of boiled rice
- mix the two together and simmer till it becomes a batter consistency
- pour into cup-cake type moulds
- steam in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes (or work out a longer way to steam them without a pressure cooker).