Sorry - a case of premature sending. I hit the wrong button. My message should read:

From: "Jean Nathan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Chat" <lace-chat@arachne.com>
Subject: ebay bargain
Date: 24 September 2005 08:12

Linda wrote:

<Out of curiosity I looked at ABE Books (often better prices than
amazon.com) and they have one copy for $202!  Amazon has one copy for
$416!!!!!!! I'm amazed!>

They might have them for sale at those prices, but they haven't sold them,
have they?

We're going to sell my father-in-law's bungalow and had an estate agent call
to give a valuation. He said what prices were being asked for two similar
properties, but we pointed out that they might be asking the prices ther
are, but they'd been on the market for 6 months without selling. You can ask
what you like, but someone's got to be prepared to pay what you're asking. If non-one is, then your not selling it, just trying to find a mug who's got more money than sense.

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK