probably not really from that era, but if its older than 20 years most
old things are considered antique.  i'm not sure what the rule of that
is, but that is what i heard.

 i'm getting really jealous looking at all those perfect picots!!  i
can't afford 35 dollars per yard, but its a nice pattern to imitate.
i'm going to save it and print, and then make and add a pricking of it
to my very empty collection of prickings.  adding one like this to the
few i have will still fill the book!  i plan to go through some of
those cheap lace catalogs to see what kind of patterns i can interpret.
 it should be no time at all that i have a nice catalog of my own for
my personal use.

unfortunatelly they don't tell you where to add or take off the pairs
of bobbins!  i'm not very experienced enough to guess that.  i guess
when you get to a point where you need 2 pairs, you add them, and then
when you have too many, you either made a mistake or time to take them
out! the pattern in the url seems like it would be easy to figure out!
lol!!

i've never heard of the woman you mentioned.  my guess is she is a very
prolific lace pattern maker or lace maker.  now i have even a name to
throw in my little lace journal!

Looks very much like Eeva-Lisa Kortelahti, but I
> can't
> pin-point the pattern, since I can't afford to have the entire canon
> of
> her books.

from suzy in tennessee,u.s.a.