I'm always getting splattered with olive oil when I fry eggs (yes, I know I shouldn't). I think the US calls them sunny-side up. I cook them the same way up all through and splish the oil over the tops with a fish slice. Needless to say some gets splished over the cooker top and over the front of whatever top I'm wearing (I do have a pinny in the cupboard, but never think to put it on). I've also spilt olive oil on a pink tablecloth more than once.

A pre-wash following by a wash on 60 degrees in the washing machine both with biological washing liquid detergent, a scoop of Vanish power and a scoop of water softening powder has got the oil out every time without a change in colour.

I always wash at 60 degrees if I can, I understand that 40 degrees doesn't kill off the housemites that everyone has, and you just end up with clean housemites rather than none.:-)

Jean in Poole, Dorset, UK