In Edinburgh in the 40s to the 60s we used "bags" and "bagsy":  "I bags the
front seat in the bus", or "bagsy I the cake with the pink icing".  Never
"dibs".

As for "gammon" it sounds very dated to me - maybe Dickens or Lewis Carrol
vintage - and in my mind it means, as David suggests, bullsh*t - someone's
trying to make me believe something untrue.

And Martha wrote:

 ... or sometimes (especially for a piece of food) "I spit on this"
- - especially if accompanied by actually spitting on the piece of
food, it's pretty effective in preventing anyone else from wanting it.

which reminds me of a particularly revolting joke:

A fellow in a bar, needing to go and relieve himself and not wishing anyone
else to drink his beer while he was gone, left a note beside his glass
saying "I have spat in this."  He returned to find a second note beside the
glass, saying "So have I."

BFN,
Margery.
Still alive after 11 months of chemotherapy ... no surgery yet.
Looking on the bright side, the sun's shining, and nothing much hurts 8-)