Dear Malvary

Laceandbits wrote:  And bags:  I would say that the meaning is a bit
stronger than choose, more  "I saw it first and it's mine".  Not negotiable.
Or at least, that was how my elder sister interpreted it!

Quite correct - sounds like Canada might use it the same way as we do in
Australia.
However, it was brought to my attention today by a 79 yr old woman that a
slightly less severe form of the same word was "barse", as in "I barse that"
Did you have that one as well?
David in Ballarat
.com.