I used to dye my hair, but it all got too much effort - all that retouching. I have brown hair which has darkened over the years (I also have a much lighter hairpiece from when I was 13 and had my long locks lopped!) and now that there is so much white in there, I look a bit like a badger - white at the sides and dark down the middle! When I started going grey I used to dye it purple, which meant that as it faded the white bits turned cerise pink - my hairdresser was appalled, but I loved it.

Dee Palin
Gloucestershire UK