Moved this to chat. Hurricane John is on the Pacific coast and unlikely to come near us on the eastern side of the north American continent. However, I understand that our holiday weekend here in Ontario is likely to be wet starting Saturday night and all day Sunday thanks to Ernesto.

The next few Atlantic hurricanes, should they occur will be named: Florence; Gordon; Helene; Isaac; Joyce; Kirk.

Malvary in Ottawa

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tamara P Duvall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "lace Arachne" <lace@arachne.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 11:38 PM
Subject: [lace] Re: Liberty Lacers

On Aug 31, 2006, at 21:45, Elizabeth Ligeti wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but I have not heard of the Liberty Lacers.
Are they a current group, and where abouts are they.

I'm sure one of their members will speak with more authority on their behalf but, in hte meantime...

They're *wonderful ladies*, full of ideas and sense of humour. They dwell in Pennsylvania, near-about the Liberty Bell (the cracked one, which may account for their zany sense of humour <g>), which rests in Philadelphia...

I met some of them in Montreal last month and was totally charmed (but I was also charmed by some of them whom I met before Montreal )...

Regards from Liz in Melbourne, Oz, where it is Officially the first day of spring,

Erm... Does it mean we (upside-down of you) are now officially in (free) Fall? Eeek! But the weather *has* improved some -- the temps are bearable (under 80F) and we needed the rain. And we've been promised that Ernesto is moving north, drooling on us but saving his blow for other (more northern) parts of the East Coast. Of course, there's John, following in Ernesto's footsteps (I gues the ones in between -- Felicia? Gregory? Henrietta? Irene? -- died in their sleep <g>)

--
Tamara P Duvall                            http://t-n-lace.net/

-