Hello Malvary

Hope your shoulder continues to improve.

You should be able to plug a separate keyboard into a laptop - but that of course adds to the total weight and makes the whole thing less portable. I've done a quick Google and the only thing I came up with is a replacement split keyboard for Mac laptops:
http://www.fingerworks.com/MacNTouch_product.html

Brenda