Hello all,

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Perhaps you'd all better move here. Abbotsford has outlawed fireworks. The only ones allowed are the official ones of the city and the rare private ones that have received approval. The only official ones that I can recall are on Canada Day (July 1st) and maybe Victoria Day (May 21). We used to get all kinds of fireworks around Halloween but since the ban there have been less.

However, I must say that I love fireworks! I love the lights, the sound and the smell. I don't get out to see them much anymore as by that time of night I'm usually too tired to handle the crowds and walking.

Heather
Abbotsford, BC
Canada